Last Friday Greenlight Insights co-hosted the Consumer Insights Roundtable during the Virtual Reality Los Angeles (VRLA) 2017 Expo with The Nielsen Company for select studio and marketing executives specifically interested in the virtual reality space.
Greenlight Insights’ Clifton Dawson ran an interactive session regarding the State of Virtual Reality Consumer Adoption (you can read a full report here). Here are some of the afternoon’s memorable moments:
- “If you are interested in buying or using VR, you are an early adopter; these people are super consumers of media and are also brand advocates.” - Harry Brisson of The Nielsen Company on how can we make 360-degree video and virtual reality compelling to brand advertisers (Click to )
- “Advertising with native VR ads would benefit from an exclusive, hard-to-reach audience. That’s why advertisers will pay a premium relative to mobile video ads. Until that day, you need to equate ad views with the effect on brand building.” - Clifton Dawson of Greenlight Insights on what’s holding advertisers back (Click to )
- “Most people who view a 360 ad engage with it because it's a larger view - people feel the need to explore.” - Laura Barton, Senior Vice President of Marketing & Strategic Development at Outlyer Technologies on why virtual reality ads work for advertisers (Click to )
- “Cost is an important (prohibitive) factor to get exclusive audiences. Keep an eye on Google's WebVR - the networked experience outside VR headsets are going to be very important to reaching large audiences.” - Tom Impallomeni, CEO at Virtually Live on innovation that may resolve lack of reach (Click to )
- “Are product marketers appealing to the kid who wants the headset or the parents who are willing to pay for it?” - Jeremy Kenisky, Vice President of Content for MergeVR on how product manufacturers can accelerate the adoption of virtual reality headsets by consumers (Click to )
Don't miss another insightful event
The second annual Immersive Data & Analytics Conference brings together the top technical and creative professionals dedicated to the intersection of analytics, virtual reality, augmented reality, and immersive media.
Share this Post