2017 Virtual Reality Consumer Adoption Report
Uncover the biggest trends in virtual reality. Get a comprehensive, data-driven report on consumer expectations for major products, application, content, prices, and more.
Pre-Order Price: $2,495 (thru April 1, 2017)
Scheduled Release Date: May 2017
Since 2015, Greenlight Insights has explored and measured consumer attitudes and preferences towards virtual reality - how sentiment changed, what’s most engaging, what’s the future of monetization, and much more. Now in its 3rd year, the 2017 Virtual Reality Consumer Adoption Survey provides empirically-based insights into a broad scope of topics relating to consumers and virtual reality.
For a look back, read our 2016 Virtual Reality Consumer Adoption Report.
"It's been great working with Greenlight. You all are doing amazing (and needed) work!"Sophia Dominguez, Founder, AllThingsVR
- Greenlight Insights conceived and wrote all questions and materials used in the survey.
- Denominator for this survey is internet-connected U.S. adults.
- Survey is designed to be
- Demographics include age, income, education, household size, gender, race, employment, and zipcode.
- Technology adoption include consumer electronic ownership, smartphone use, active app use, social media use.
- Respondent Quality: Each year, we employ Research Now for survey sampling and/or to deploy our survey. To ensure data quality, Research Now authenticates all respondents and further validates against third-party data sources. Additionally, flash/cookie-based technologies are used to ensure there are no duplicate respondents. Industry standards for screening bad completes are used such as red herring questions and monitoring time for speeders.
- Response Quality: Free response qualifying questions are used to validate whether a respondent had truly adopted the technology. All free responses are reviewed and coded by Greenlight Insights—respondents with invalid answers are not included in overall adoption metrics.