PlayStation VR Has Public Release: Will It Bring VR Mainstream?
Sony's PlayStation VR was publically released on October 13 after its much-anticipated release. Unlike HTC and Oculus, Sony has been a major leader in consumer electronics and gaming consoles for a long time. This ultimately influences their partnerships and brand recognition that HTC and Oculus have been cultivating since before their release. Even though Sony's entrance to the VR headset market is late, it is by no means an underdog. With over 40 million PlayStation 4 owners, Sony may have the biggest customer base to advertise to. Read more.
Top Industry News
- PlayStation VR Is Being Sold at a Profit, Says Sony GameSpot
- PlayStation is Easily the Winner in VR Right Now Tech Crunch
- Atari Founder Launches Modal VR Platform Digital Trends
- HoloLens Now On Preorder In Six Additional Markets Tech Times
- Tim Cook Inspired By Human Interaction With AR Business Insider
- IMAX To Bring VR To A Movie Theater In the UK Fortune
- Alibaba Develops New Payments Concept For VR Shoppers Fortune
- Valve Is Making A New Vive Controller CNET
- SI to Make First Complete Mt. Everest Climb in VR Sports Illustrated
- Digital Comics Startup Madefire Launches VR App Tech Crunch
- Sharecare Acquires BioLucid to Bring Your Body into VR Upload VR
- VR Needs To Move Past Potential To Survive In Video GamesForbes
From Greenlight Insights: