SAN FRANCISCO (May 25, 2016) — Greenlight VR, (@GreenlightVR), the leader in market intelligence for virtual reality, announced today that Founder & CEO Clifton Dawson will be a featured speaker at the IoT Expo in Shanghai, China, the 2016 US-China Startup Investment Forum in Chongqing, and the International Tech Transfer Conference in Zhengzhou.
“Analysts expect the market for virtual reality in China to grow to $8.5 billion by 2020, benefiting largely by the $1.1 billion global VR spending spree, fueled in part by Chinese tech giants Alibaba, Tencent, and Shanda Group,” says Dawson. “With a population of more than one billion people and several macro-economic forces driving change, China is possibly VR's brightest and largest market opportunity.”
Dawson will seek to address several key topics including:
- How does VR market in China compare to that in the US -- in terms of size, growth rate, and structure?
- Who are key players, and what are their investment resources and strategies?
- Are Chinese players focused primarily on the Chinese market, or are they thinking globally too?
- How unique/tailored with Chinese hardware and content be to the Chinese market?
- What is the government's role in fostering innovation for virtual reality locally?
Dawson will also discuss the firm’s upcoming special research bulletin - Virtual Reality in China: A Growth Market on the Horizon, scheduled for release in July.
About Greenlight VR
Greenlight VR is the industry leader in business intelligence for the virtual and augmented reality (Virtual Realities™) global market. By maintaining the most comprehensive dataset of information on companies and consumer behavior, Greenlight VR provides global technology companies, Fortune 500 brands, and innovative startups proprietary research and advice to make better strategic decisions. Greenlight VR publishes the critically-acclaimed annual Virtual Reality Industry Report. Visit www.greenlightvr.com for more information.